Statement of Intent
At Stanley St Andrew’s Church of England Primary School, we recognise the uniqueness of each person, young and old, all people are special and of worth in God’s eyes.
Stanley St Andrew’s Church of England Primary School understands that, under the Equality Act 2010, all schools have a duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Advance equality between different groups;
- Foster good relations between different groups; and
- Promote mental health and wellbeing.
Our school’s overall values are underpinned by our statutory duties under the Equality Act 2010. We are dedicated to ensuring that every pupil receives an education that offers them the best chance at fulfilling their potential, and to promoting mental wellbeing amongst our pupils. We have developed this policy to provide a clear framework for how we will achieve our school’s aims.
Our school’s demographic state is directly linked to our overall aims for achieving equality. Specifically, we aim to:
- To ensure the curriculum effectively represents the 9 protected characteristics which ensure equality for all.
- To actively promote cultural development and fulfilment through a creative curriculum that enables all children to have a cultural awareness and appreciation of their own culture and that of others.
To achieve our aims, we will adopt the following methods:
- Embedding equality within teaching and resources
- Using key data indicators to understand the needs and characteristics of our school
- Promoting community cohesion
- Promoting parental engagement
- Investing in regular staff training
- Using key data, such as measures of wellbeing, to monitor the progress of pupils with protected characteristics
- Regularly reviewing our equality policy to ensure it reflects current trends and issues