120g porridge oats
60g butter or margarine
60g light brown sugar
1-2 tbsp of golden syrup
1. Heat the oven to 200c or gas mark 6
2. Melt butter or margarine and mix in sugar.
3. Pour in porridge oats and golden syrup.
4. Mix everything really well.
5. Grease a baking tin and pour in the mixture and press out evenly reaching all the corners of the baking tin.
6. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Mixture will be soft when it comes out of the oven but it will harden up as it cools down.
TIP - If you want a chunkier flapjack I always double the ingredients. You could even try adding in another ingredient like chocolate chips or raisins.